Frequently Asked Questions
Have Questions About This Upcoming Fall at RCA?
- What Will Instruction Look Like in the Fall? Rock Church Academy will be Open for in-person instruction, beginning September 6, 2023, for Grades 1-8. Pre-K & Kindergarten will begin on September 7, 2023.
- How Many Students Are in Each Class? Elementary and Middle School classes consist of approximately 15 students per teacher. Pre-K classes have a lower class ratio of 10 students per teacher.
- What Curriculum Do You Use? We currently use “Abeka” as our main curriculum. Abeka is a well-established Christian Educational Curriculum that has a proven history of high academic standards for students. RCA also uses Guided Reading levels as a model to track students' progress in reading. We also offer a variety of electives such as Art, Physical Education, Chapel, Sign Language, Spanish, Music, Media & Library.
- How Does RCA Plan to Keep Students Safe During COVID-19? Rock Church Academy has a stringent Student Health & Safety Plan to ensure that only students and staff who are well are attending school. Our guidance comes from our MSDE School Nurse Supervisor and the local health department
- Do Students Wear Uniforms? Students wear uniforms daily. Our Rock Church Academy Uniform consists of a light-blue top, bearing the Rock Church Academy Crest, and navy blue bottoms (modest shorts, pants, skirt, skort, or jumper). Students in Pre-K2 through Pre-K4 may wear navy-colored shirts instead of light blue. Uniforms are worn with black shoes that contain non-marking soles. Saddle shoes are acceptable as long as they have non-marking soles. Dress shoes and dress sneakers are acceptable (Adidas, Skechers, etc…). Our physical education uniform consists of navy blue athletic pants/shorts and a Rock Church Academy P.E. uniform shirt (provided by RCA). Uniforms can be purchased from Lands End or French Toast. We also utilize two local companies who have the ability to add our logo to existing shirts or clothing items you may purchase elsewhere: "Shifflet & Horn" (Located in Dundalk) & "Time Out for Sports" (Located in Perry Hall).
- Does RCA Provide Lunch? Yes, RCA offers school lunch for an additional fee. All meals are prepared fresh on site by our school chef. Students are welcome to bring their own snack and lunch daily. We are a nut-free facility, so students should avoid bringing peanut butter or food products containing nuts. Our Pre-K students will receive a morning snack and milk daily. All other grades should bring their own snack from home. All students should bring a refillable water bottle.