Rock Church Academy is committed to developing the next generation into tomorrow’s leaders who are anchored in Christ, geared to impact the culture, and walk confidently in their purpose. Our approach to learning focuses on developing the whole child, academically, socially, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
Who We Are & What We Believe
Rock Church Academy is an interdenominational, independent Christian educational institution, incorporated as a non-profit organization under the laws of the State of Maryland. Rock Church Academy adheres to the tennents of faith of Rock City Church. We open our doors to families of neighboring churches and local surrounding communities who desire a private Christian education, and the academic programs of excellence that we offer here at RCA. We believe that the school is an extension of both home and church in its objective to train up children “in the way they should go.”
Our well-rounded instructional approach fosters critical thinking, communication, character development, learning through play, and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) in a safe, nurturing learning environment. Our private campus, surrounded by 8 acres of nature, enables us to place an instructional emphasis on the environment and caring for creation.
Ways of Learning
We understand that children have different ways of learning; therefore, instruction is delivered to students with an emphasis on small group and individualized learning in classrooms with lower teacher to student ratios.
1. To ensure that each child comes to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, achieves a higher level of Christian maturity, attains a deeper commitment, and becomes a more effective witness for the Lord.
2. To emphasize the individuality of each child and to assist him in properly responding to himself and others. We desire to develop self-confidence, forecasting, communications, academics and the principles of success.
3. To promote self-discipline and thorough by training them to be relevant, consistent, appreciative, responsible, and thorough in attitude, character, and actions.
4. To assist each child in seeking his purpose for life’s service and necessary preparation for eternity through emphasis upon biblical relevance.
5. To help each child to learn how to love and honor the Lord by meeting the daily responsibilities with which God has entrusted him.
6. To encourage each child’s life to become a “living translation” of God’s word. (II Corinthians 3:2)